Saturday, February 16, 2008

Terrific Tuesday!!!

Tuesday this week was Free Pancake Day at IHOP!
My friend Traci and I woke up early and went before school and it was so fun!!
We each got a free short stack, which was plenty.
Something about pancakes in a restaurant.....soooo goood.


I love Traci, she's so much fun!!!










Then, later that night was yet another successful Mexi-Martes!






Only this time, the boys had something up their sleeve.....






When I walked into the house, a delicious aroma filled the room. I looked into the crockpots to see some sort of beef.






"Corn beef?" I asked.






"ummmm sure," replied KR.






Obviously, it was something abnormal and it perked my interest immediately.






I decided that I wanted to try whatever it was, only to say that I did. But I knew if they told me what it was first, I wouldn't be brave enough to try it.






Soooo.......after a long drawn out process of me trying to get it in my mouth, I finally tried it. It was squishy; the grossest texture....almost like a piece of fat. The flavor tasted similar to just a normal piece of beef.






After tasting it, and a lot of coaxing, I got the boys to fess up to what it was......









La LENGUA!!!! For you gringos... that means....





TONGUE!!!


Oh my gosh!! Gross!!!


But at least I can say I've eaten tongue and never have to do it again.......


See, I'm working on being brave and trying new things. Even if it IS disgusting....


Anyways, so Mexi-Martes was so fun!!!!

I look forward to it every week and I love seeing these people!!
After everyone left, KR and Dani were cleaning up and being the boys that they are, they dared each other to drink "el jugo de lengua".....the juice left over in the crock pots that the tongue was cooking in....
Boys.......

1 comment:

rayecheal said...

Wow, tongue! I think I am with you there, if I ever try that, it will be because I didn't know what it was before hand. My cousin really likes it though.
I'm glad you are having so much fun and I love free pancakes! Okay, I love anything free, but it helps when it tastes good!