I got to go home for Christmas! I was so blessed to have been able to take the time off from work. So Jen and I drove down together (along with her friend). It was nice to have some company. We got home Saturday and then the very next day, we drove right back in the direction we came from for the Schultz Family Christmas. haha. It was fun to see everyone though. I haven't been able to go for the last two before. This year we had a crazy hat competition. My family cheated by buying ours, but they were still super fun and cute.
Jen, the elf.
Marissy and her cute antlers. My cousin Sandra's husband, Tyler had a hilarious hat with "skanky" hair (hahahahah, inside joke, sorry). But these three (and little Drew down there) were above and beyond winners! They definitely took this seriously! Me and Jen. My family, in our hats. So we were taking a picture and then two sneaky little girls snuck in the background. I love this picture though. Second attempt. haha Oh and then the bells. . . the famous bells.
Our family has a tradition I'm sure most of you do not have. We have these chimes/bells that are numbered and you have a nail (usually a very large, very sharp nail but this year they were filed down). When your number comes up, you strike the chime with the nail. It really does work if every single person is spot on but it's hard with a giant group, especially when you throw in a ton of kids and some antagonistic adults. Oh man it gets loud! Not to mention, the singing hahaha. We don't sound the best. But we sure laugh a lot and cover our ears a lot during this tradition. hahaha. We have fun. My ring is still pretty and I still love it. Plus, I was so antsy for KR to come! He was in Oregon for Christmas.Another day, my sisters, Linda and I went to our other grandparents and quilted. Jen wanted a blanket for Christmas and we all got roped in to helping! haha. It was pretty cool to learn how and it was super easy. It was just a tying quilt, not a patchwork. Me and Ambie Jen with the finished product.
We also had Christmas breakfast one morning over there. Cheers! I love egg nog. I miss it already. Another tradition is IHOP on Jen's birthday, which also happens to be Christmas Eve. Yum!!!
Then, that night, we always get to open one present and, like a lot of families, we get pajamas. This has been tradition since we were born pretty much. I love traditions! Then we go look at Christmas lights. We liked this house the best haha. This was all they had. It says Ditto, if you can't read it. Then there is an arrow pointing to the house next door, which had tons of lights. Then we sang happy birthday to Jen! She's 19!!!! I got to see Ivy for the first time in like forever! We went to Downtown Disney and played in Sephora for hours, like we used to do. Haha. We took a glamour shot after our self-administered make-overs, just like we used to. "We look so pretty, let's take a picture!" After Christmas, KR CAME TO CALIFORNIA!! I was SOO excited! I picked him up from LAX and then we went to my Grandma's and saw my mom and sister and of course grandparents. I missed him so much!!!
For my Christmas present, KR took me to Disneyland!!! I was soooo excited! Does he know me, or what? Here we are waiting for the monorail, just super giddy!
The castle is so pretty during Christmas. I LOVE Disneyland at Christmas time. They have so many lights and it's just double magical! KR is strong, but I guess not that strong. If he couldn't do it, there's no way I could! The Small World is so beautiful too, with SO many lights! We had such a fun time! Best Christmas present! I just love Disneyland and Christmas and KR so mixing all three was just the best! Last but not least, my first New Years with KR! Not to mention, my first New Years kiss. :) The celebration we went to was a little less than we anticipated, but we still made the most of it and had a great time just spending it together. Well I feel like I need to have a wrap up; a conclusion if you will. I had a FANTASTIC two week break, a wonderful christmas, a very happy new year and most of all, a excellent time with my family. We were bummed to come back to Provo, but we're grateful for the time we had. I hope everyone's holidays were equally amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment