Mmmmmm.
I think hands down, my favorite combination is chocolate and banana.
I have yet to try something I don't like that combines this perfectly complimentary duo.
I am not exactly sure where I recently found this recipe but I tried it out today and oh man!
I am in heaven!!
Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/ teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup white sugar
2/3 cups butter, softened
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup mashed bananas (which was exactly 2 average sized bananas for me)
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Directions:
(disclaimer: I am not a very experienced baker and don't have a lot of intuition nor do I have the instinctive ability to venture off on my own- I follow recipes to a T. But, I did have to make some minor adjustments to the baking process because my first batched burned!! Therefore, I will give both the exact directions on my recipe, and then what KR and I did to prevent cremation of the remaining dough)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees (This is where I think the main mistake was made. We dropped it down to 350)
2. Grease cookie sheets. (I used my fancy, awesome silpat sheets so I can skip this!)
3. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together and set aside.
4. Cream the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
6. Mix in the mashed bananas.
7. Add the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
8. Stir in the chocolate chips.
9. Drop spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
10. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes. (This is where the second mistake came in. When at 400 degrees, I put them in for 12 minutes and when I got up as the timer was going off, I realized they were burned! So the second batch we dropped the temperature a bit and I only put them in for 5 minutes to start and added a few more minutes. They seemed almost a bit under done. For the final batch, we were at 350 degrees and put them in for 8 minutes or so and they were perfect. SO. You have the free agency to try either way. All I am saying is I made a little scribble note on my copy of the recipe to bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees. Let me know how yours turn out and which way you try.)
I always like my cookies a little crispy anyway, and especially since these cookies are a bit more "cakey" than some. But I think that final batch turned out perfectly and I could really taste the banana. Yum!!!
Try it out and, again, let me know how you like them and/ or how they turn out!!!
I hope every body had a wonderful sabbath day! I got to spend mine relaxing and napping with my hubby!! I sure am grateful!!
XOXOX
I think hands down, my favorite combination is chocolate and banana.
I have yet to try something I don't like that combines this perfectly complimentary duo.
I am not exactly sure where I recently found this recipe but I tried it out today and oh man!
I am in heaven!!
Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/ teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup white sugar
2/3 cups butter, softened
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup mashed bananas (which was exactly 2 average sized bananas for me)
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Directions:
(disclaimer: I am not a very experienced baker and don't have a lot of intuition nor do I have the instinctive ability to venture off on my own- I follow recipes to a T. But, I did have to make some minor adjustments to the baking process because my first batched burned!! Therefore, I will give both the exact directions on my recipe, and then what KR and I did to prevent cremation of the remaining dough)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees (This is where I think the main mistake was made. We dropped it down to 350)
2. Grease cookie sheets. (I used my fancy, awesome silpat sheets so I can skip this!)
3. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together and set aside.
4. Cream the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
6. Mix in the mashed bananas.
7. Add the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
8. Stir in the chocolate chips.
9. Drop spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
10. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes. (This is where the second mistake came in. When at 400 degrees, I put them in for 12 minutes and when I got up as the timer was going off, I realized they were burned! So the second batch we dropped the temperature a bit and I only put them in for 5 minutes to start and added a few more minutes. They seemed almost a bit under done. For the final batch, we were at 350 degrees and put them in for 8 minutes or so and they were perfect. SO. You have the free agency to try either way. All I am saying is I made a little scribble note on my copy of the recipe to bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees. Let me know how yours turn out and which way you try.)
I always like my cookies a little crispy anyway, and especially since these cookies are a bit more "cakey" than some. But I think that final batch turned out perfectly and I could really taste the banana. Yum!!!
Try it out and, again, let me know how you like them and/ or how they turn out!!!
I hope every body had a wonderful sabbath day! I got to spend mine relaxing and napping with my hubby!! I sure am grateful!!
XOXOX
2 comments:
mmmm, sounds delish! We'll have to try it sometime!
yummy! i made banana bread yesterday, but fell asleep and overcooked it :( hope all is well!
Post a Comment