I've seen them in Target since New Years and I was just loving them so much! Finally, KR let me get them one night and I am so happy! It takes a lot to use them though because I don't want them to get dirty! But I have to prove they were worth it by using them.... so, as you'll see later in this post, I did and will continue to. So cute right?
There was definitely a learning curve, but after practice, I got pretty good at it. (Note: there are no pictures of the ugly ones for a reason haha)
Then I had to put them on something to make it worth it. So, I made a pink cake! It was my first chocolate cake from scratch and I think it turned out tasting pretty yummy too. The frosting, well it didn't mix up right and tasted gross, but luckily I am not a fan of frosting anyway, so I only put a thin layer on. You couldn't even tell.
Then on the Saturday before, KR and I finally had the day off, so I decided a Valentine's breakfast was in order. Naturally, I had to dress up again, earrings included. I love pink!
The breakfast was only pancakes. But not just ANY pancakes. Pink pancakes. Heart-shaped pink pancakes.
Once I got better, I decided to become a master! muahahaha. No seriously, this is pretty impressive, if I do say so myself.
On Valentine's day, I got to work, and these pretty pink ladies were on my desk! (for those of you who don't know, KR and I work for the same company and he gets in to the office before me, before he leaves for his route). I was seriously so shocked and surprised! So sweet!!
My love table!
I made KR a pie. Ok so I am horrible at pie crust. This is the second time where I just couldn't get it to look right. It tasted delicious but don't look too close! haha.
Then we got all dressed up in our fancy clothes and went out to dinner. I finally got to wear my glamorous earrings I've been waiting to wear for months.
We went to a romantic, cozy cafe on the water (it was a lake). We had such a nice time just being us, together.
After dinner, I vowed to get a picture of us that wasn't arm's length away. We had someone take our picture and she zoomed in! Look how close! We could have done that! But thank you for trying :)
We attempted another one ourselves with the water and fountain in the background (notice it's actually further away than the one she took?)
Then we got home and I took another one with our love banner in the background. Yes, this has been hanging there since late January.
KR then surprised me with a delicious valentine drink which was pink! I love it! I call it love juice.
Even though my valentine is so good at showing me he loves me all year long, it was so nice to have a day that was a little more special than others to celebrate how much we love each other. He was very thoughtful and made it perfect! I hope everyone had as wonderful of a "love day" as I did!
(oh and coming soon: pictures of the gorgeous pearls my parents sent me! They have family living in China and got the hook ups for authentic pearls! They are so beautiful! I am so grateful for them and also the other valentine's day surprise from them and the one from my grandma ;) thank you all of you. I love you and we are grateful for you)
No comments:
Post a Comment