Sunday, August 14, 2011


So as I posted recently, I altered a pair of shorts that were too baggy on me and I was SO excited about the results, I raided my closet. 
I went through my closet to find clothes I have been hanging on to for YEARS because there isn't anything wrong with them but I just never wear. Some things are too big, some are just not flattering and some are plain fine and I just never get around to wearing them.
I finished those shorts I posted, and I did two pairs of capris (pictures to come) and then I got REALLY ambitious and decided to tackle this skirt. 



It really is a nice skirt. Great quality, fit me pretty well, looks fine on. But I have had it for a LONG time and I just never wear it! I am not sure why I never wound up wearing it. I would even put it on once in a while to give it another shot, and I would just wind up changing. 

I saw this skirt on a blog I follow and decided I wanted it!!

First, I made the skirt in to a pencil skirt. That in itself was a huge feat! I think the main reason was because the zipper is on the side, rather than the back. So I wasn't able to take it in on the sides. 
Anyway, after a lot of work, I was ready to add on the embellishment!

I have to say, I LOVE how it turned out!! I wore it to church today and I just can't remember the last time I felt this cute! I know that sounds conceited, but those of you who know me, YOU know this is a big deal for me haha.


















1 comment:

Dani N' Steph Bates said...

I LOVE the ruffle back!! Come and teach me how you did that!! It looks so good!
Great work heather :)