I got pecans stuck in my head a few weeks ago and when I mentioned it to a friend, she gave me a bag because she was given a ton. So I've been wanting to make something delicious but couldn't decide. When KR came home with pears last night, my mind paired them (haha pun unintended) with pecans. I searched pinterest and apparently pears and pecans is a thing! Long story made longer, I couldn't find a healthy recipe for pear pecan bread so I made my own adjustments to an unhealthy one and we loved the results!!
Preheat 400*
1/4 c. Applesauce
2 bananas
1 egg
1/4 c. Sugar (my applesauce was from my father in law-homemade- but he adds a ton of sugar so I only added another 1/4 c when most recipes were calling for a whole cup. So you can adjust accordingly. I just didn't want the bread to not be sweet.)
1 pear, diced (mine was very unripe so after dicing it, I microwaved it till soften it up a bit)
2 1/4 c. Flour (I used whole wheat)
1/8 c. Flaxseed meal
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
Chopped pecans
1/8 c. Pecans ground up in food processor (to like sprinkle size-I had some left over from another recipe so I just threw some in just because. I didn't regret it :) ha ha)
Mix the applesauce and bananas, add egg, add the dry ingredients- basically fold in the chopped pecans and pear last. Put in greased bread pan. I sprinkled more ground pecans and drizzled honey on top- just a touch.
Baking it is the only thing I need to mess with. I set the timer for 30 min. When 9 min were left, KR checked and the top was burning and the rest was still very doughy. So we turned the heat down and baked it longer. Next time I will do that from the start.
Yummy!! The pear resembles apple and the texture seems the same at first but it is a fun surprise when you get the unique texture of a pear and its juiciness! I'm a fan!


Preheat 400*
1/4 c. Applesauce
2 bananas
1 egg
1/4 c. Sugar (my applesauce was from my father in law-homemade- but he adds a ton of sugar so I only added another 1/4 c when most recipes were calling for a whole cup. So you can adjust accordingly. I just didn't want the bread to not be sweet.)
1 pear, diced (mine was very unripe so after dicing it, I microwaved it till soften it up a bit)
2 1/4 c. Flour (I used whole wheat)
1/8 c. Flaxseed meal
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
Chopped pecans
1/8 c. Pecans ground up in food processor (to like sprinkle size-I had some left over from another recipe so I just threw some in just because. I didn't regret it :) ha ha)
Mix the applesauce and bananas, add egg, add the dry ingredients- basically fold in the chopped pecans and pear last. Put in greased bread pan. I sprinkled more ground pecans and drizzled honey on top- just a touch.
Baking it is the only thing I need to mess with. I set the timer for 30 min. When 9 min were left, KR checked and the top was burning and the rest was still very doughy. So we turned the heat down and baked it longer. Next time I will do that from the start.
Yummy!! The pear resembles apple and the texture seems the same at first but it is a fun surprise when you get the unique texture of a pear and its juiciness! I'm a fan!


No comments:
Post a Comment