Monday, March 3, 2014

42 weeks (ten til the big 52!!)

*Dean can basically say banana. I'd dare to say it's his first word. When I open the banana at lunch, he says nanana and I don't have to say anything.
*his favorite book is his pop up book, stripy cat, and he will reach over to the book shelf and specifically grab that one every time. He also opens the pop up flaps on his own. It's do fun to see him get it.
*I've started calling him monk cuz he uses his pointer finger and reaches over, sometimes angry if hindered, and touches things. Like, he had no choice but to do it. Haha. Cracks me up.
*well his naps have been getting worse, like never longer than the original 45 minutes. But then Wednesday night was bad. Then Thursday was a horrible day. He was so grouchy all day, clingy, crying all day he would never let me leave him. He barely took any naps and when KR got home, I had to hand over the reigns and hurry to the gym where I ran a cathartic 2 miles that felt easy compared to my day haha. I'm grateful to have KR and not have to do this alone, at least not 24 hours a day. Thursday night we gave him medicine and I prayed if it helped, then I would know to call the dr. Well it helped. He did his usual wake up here and there but was easy to put back to sleep, which is normal. Then when he woke up after a collective 4 hours, I easily nursed him and right back down. Then another 2 hours later, so a collective 6 since bed time bottle and medicine, he woke up screaming and crying and every hour after that. I knew the medicine had worn off and after 3 or so times of waking up every hour, we gave him more medicine and I planned on calling the dr. He had sn appt set on 3/12 to check his left ear that had been infected in January and December and still had fluid in it in February, but I knew we couldn't wait until then. So as I was waiting for them to open, I had the thought to just check the app for appt times. His dr is hard to get in to so I figured I'd check the other drs. Well she had a bunch of openings! So instead of waiting to talk to the nurse, who will just tell me we better check it, I bypassed that step. When we got in, I apologized to the dr in advance in case I was wrong and she stopped me and reassured me that it's her job and she would rather me come in and feel better knowing. Plus, going in to the weekend, she said she would rather me come in than have to go to urgent care and catch something. She checked his left ear and no infection. Still fluid though. But then she checked the right ear. She was so sweet, "its infected. You knew! You are SUCH a good mommy." So Dean is on another antibiotic. It is supposed to give him diarrhea though so I'm worried that will keep him up at night again. But we will see.
*other than that, the week was very uneventful. Dean is learning and growing but I don't think there were any other new things specifically.


Oh we babysat Reagan Friday afternoon and went in a walk in the freak nice weather we had for like 18 hours haha.



No comments: