53 weeks. Man I can't believe his birthday is passed. It was a fun weekend. But I was really relieved when Monday rolled around and he was overall, the same as he was the day before. No magical transformation into an ADULT or anything.
So Sunday was mothers day and his birthday! Dad an Linda were still in town so they came to church with us. It was my guest time not feeling guilty receiving the mothers day gift from the priesthood after sacrament haha. Not that anyone should, whether you've given birth or not, all women are mothers! We were given pretty flowers but plants so that last longer!!
After church, we headed to KRs parents for mothers day dinner. As usual, delicious, and always good to spend time with his family. I'm grateful we live so close and can see them regularly. And that they've adopted me in.

Monday, before dad and Linda had to go to the airport, we met Peggy and Jameson at the zoo. It was a beautiful day! Always so fun at the zoo!
Tuesday, Dean has his 12 month appt. First, hid ears were clear!!! Yay!!! Such a relief and bonus, we made it through the month of April without going in! So his measurements are....
22.04 lbs 30.6 in. long and 18 3/4 in. head.
He had to have 5 shots!! He cried really hard but when the nurse left, he did his where did she go? hands. It was so cute. I had given him Tylenol before we left and again at bed and he really was great. I didn't suspect one bit of anything from him, which I was so grateful for.
So, his list...
*he hands me toys and books now. Sometimes it's cute haha. Sometimes I'm like, ok, thank you...again....hehe. I enjoy it.
*he got this small balloon on a stick for his bday. Well he patiently and adamantly worked on getting the stick in the hole on the balloon. He got very very close several times. But the balloon wasnt steady enough. So as soon as I held.it still for him, he easily got it in! I'm impressed with his hand eye coordination.
*hes learned to blow bubbles with his mouth. Just where you open your mouth wide, slowly.
*i put my sunglasses on tuesday and suddenly he wanted to wear his. We went to the park and he kept tripping in the grass, and every time they would fall off, he would ask me to put them back on. He keeps his hat in most the time as well.
*He drips water on his head in the bath. He takes the cup with holes and lets it drain on him. He's getting braver!
*Waving bye bye more and better. Much more wrist signed less arm. He anticipates when certain books are going to say bye bye and will wave.
*He has sippy cups that create a vacuum and he knows how to release the pressure haha.
*Says Beeh for ball.
*Towards the end of the week, he stopped saying more and please. Kind of driving me nuts because I want to continue teaching him manners but he absolutely will not say it. Before, I would try to get him to say it and then give it anyway. Then he learned how and I only gave it if he said it. Now it's like, I know you knew but do you still know? Do I hold you accountable and wait to give it til you say it? But then he never says it, I can't starve him! He really developed an attitude this week and it was really frustrating. He just yells and throws things when last week, he would simply communicate. He doesn't even nod yes or shake his head no. I think we are both frustrated. I'm just trying to stay patient and stick to it and hope he picks it up again.
Still love him though!!!



Oh! The pic above. So he started this thing when he doesn't want it, doesn't like it, he's unhappy. He scrunches his face up, tilts his head back, kind pulls his top teeth over his bottom lip and opens and closes his mouth, while making a small whiney sound. It makes me laugh and he kind of laughs too, so I can't take it seriously. Later in the week it turned in to straight yelling and anger again. But when he did that, it was so cute. The dr even was surprised. She said most babies just cry but he was communicating, saying he didn't like it/was unhappy.



So Sunday was mothers day and his birthday! Dad an Linda were still in town so they came to church with us. It was my guest time not feeling guilty receiving the mothers day gift from the priesthood after sacrament haha. Not that anyone should, whether you've given birth or not, all women are mothers! We were given pretty flowers but plants so that last longer!!
After church, we headed to KRs parents for mothers day dinner. As usual, delicious, and always good to spend time with his family. I'm grateful we live so close and can see them regularly. And that they've adopted me in.

Monday, before dad and Linda had to go to the airport, we met Peggy and Jameson at the zoo. It was a beautiful day! Always so fun at the zoo!
Tuesday, Dean has his 12 month appt. First, hid ears were clear!!! Yay!!! Such a relief and bonus, we made it through the month of April without going in! So his measurements are....
22.04 lbs 30.6 in. long and 18 3/4 in. head.
He had to have 5 shots!! He cried really hard but when the nurse left, he did his where did she go? hands. It was so cute. I had given him Tylenol before we left and again at bed and he really was great. I didn't suspect one bit of anything from him, which I was so grateful for.
So, his list...
*he hands me toys and books now. Sometimes it's cute haha. Sometimes I'm like, ok, thank you...again....hehe. I enjoy it.
*he got this small balloon on a stick for his bday. Well he patiently and adamantly worked on getting the stick in the hole on the balloon. He got very very close several times. But the balloon wasnt steady enough. So as soon as I held.it still for him, he easily got it in! I'm impressed with his hand eye coordination.
*hes learned to blow bubbles with his mouth. Just where you open your mouth wide, slowly.
*i put my sunglasses on tuesday and suddenly he wanted to wear his. We went to the park and he kept tripping in the grass, and every time they would fall off, he would ask me to put them back on. He keeps his hat in most the time as well.
*He drips water on his head in the bath. He takes the cup with holes and lets it drain on him. He's getting braver!
*Waving bye bye more and better. Much more wrist signed less arm. He anticipates when certain books are going to say bye bye and will wave.
*He has sippy cups that create a vacuum and he knows how to release the pressure haha.
*Says Beeh for ball.
*Towards the end of the week, he stopped saying more and please. Kind of driving me nuts because I want to continue teaching him manners but he absolutely will not say it. Before, I would try to get him to say it and then give it anyway. Then he learned how and I only gave it if he said it. Now it's like, I know you knew but do you still know? Do I hold you accountable and wait to give it til you say it? But then he never says it, I can't starve him! He really developed an attitude this week and it was really frustrating. He just yells and throws things when last week, he would simply communicate. He doesn't even nod yes or shake his head no. I think we are both frustrated. I'm just trying to stay patient and stick to it and hope he picks it up again.
Still love him though!!!



Oh! The pic above. So he started this thing when he doesn't want it, doesn't like it, he's unhappy. He scrunches his face up, tilts his head back, kind pulls his top teeth over his bottom lip and opens and closes his mouth, while making a small whiney sound. It makes me laugh and he kind of laughs too, so I can't take it seriously. Later in the week it turned in to straight yelling and anger again. But when he did that, it was so cute. The dr even was surprised. She said most babies just cry but he was communicating, saying he didn't like it/was unhappy.



No comments:
Post a Comment