

This is the sunrise I woke up to Friday morning!! I took these while walking to campus. One good thing that comes from being up that early! :)
Wow, world record! I haven't posted a new blog for over a week!
I bet you have all been on the edge of your seats, waiting by your computer anxiously, just dying to know when the next blog will be, refreshing your browser every 2 minutes.
I am sorry to have kept you waiting, and thank you for being so faithful...(sad thing is, I doubt anyone even noticed. Haha)
Well it's been a pretty good week, but not quite as eventful as the week of last blog.
Last weekend, the homecoming football game one, I mentioned it rained at the game. Well the following Monday, it was FREEEEEZING!! I checked the temperature that morning and it was 32 degrees!! It had snowed in the mountains the Saturday before, and althought it wasn't rainy or snowy all week, it was really cold. It progressively got a little warmer each day, and by Friday it wasn't too bad. BUT, Saturday came and it was FREEZING again and it was rainy!!
Friday I worked a total of 8 hours. It actually wasn't bad and I am not complaining, seeing as that is a normal shift, and I have been spoiled to not have to work that long straight in a good while. BUT it was really boring because I don't really get to interact at allllll.....so that's a LONG time for me to go without talking....wouldn't you say? One time at one job I had, one guy bet me I couldn't go a whole hour without talking. Of course I am stubborn and had to prove him wrong, so I did it. It was really hard, but I did it. Haha.
So Friday night, Rachel and I went to our ward activity. They had a Ward Abilities Night(not talent show...) and they had a lot of really good, or funny performers. They also had a chili cook off for the food, and MAN I love chili! It was SOO yummy, and fun. I am glad we went. It was the first thing we attended besides church for the ward.
Saturday morning, we went grocery shopping where we proceeded to purchase a 10 pound roll of ground beef! Oh man, people were teasing us in the line, but in a fun, friendly way, not a mean way. But we got some other things, and we went home and
made burgers on my George Forman. He made the patties pretty big, and then we had bacon, and avocado, and lettuce, tomato, grilled onions, and condiments. It was SOOOO yummy!!!
made burgers on my George Forman. He made the patties pretty big, and then we had bacon, and avocado, and lettuce, tomato, grilled onions, and condiments. It was SOOOO yummy!!!Then we played a board game and then we called Karli and went to see Transformers. GUESS HOW MUCH WE PAID....
ONE DOLLAR!! It was a normal theater with mostly normal movies, all that were still fairly new. I mean, Transformers? Isn't that pretty recent? Any ways, for the matinee, it was a buck! Best buck ever spent...maybe...hhaha
it was a good movie though.
WHILE we were driving to the movies, it started raining again. Only it was sooo cold, that it turned to slush and then....
SNOW!!! OH MY GOSH IT WAS SNOWING ON US!! and Karli was wearing rainbows! Haha. She's from california too.
SO ya, it was officially my first snow here! The other time it was only up in the mountain,
it never snowed down in the valley. How crazy is that? In SEPTEMBER! Even the locals were surprised at how early it came. But the next day it was mostly melted up in the mountains, and it never stuck on the ground down here. But I got a picture of the Y before it was all gone. And it was just super cold the next day, for church. I had to wear nylons. YUCK!
it never snowed down in the valley. How crazy is that? In SEPTEMBER! Even the locals were surprised at how early it came. But the next day it was mostly melted up in the mountains, and it never stuck on the ground down here. But I got a picture of the Y before it was all gone. And it was just super cold the next day, for church. I had to wear nylons. YUCK!After the movie, we went to Karli's house and played Mexican Train with her roommate Sarah and her fiancee David. It was fun. I did not win, but I did not lose. That's all that matters.
After a while we went home and we made our second meal of the day: Breakfast Burritos!
We made eggs with onion, bacon, chopped tomato, grated cheese, and of course ketshup for me. SOOO good! It makes me want one right now! Then we just hung out and watched a movie and it was just a good weekend.
Sunday was good. After church we went to Regina and Steve's house for dinner. They had all Steves family that lives in the area, including a nephew and niece that go to BYU(my ride home) over and it was SO fun! We had a nice dinner, almost like thanksgiving. I haven't had mashed potatoes in forever! And then we played a game called Hummm...ble...
It's where you have to hum the song or act it out to get your team to guess it.
That's a Roma! HAHAHAHHAHAHAH....(had to be there)
Anyways, it was really fun, but then back to the grind this morning with school and then work. Then I came home and kind of wasted a little too much time. BUT!
I got a package and that's why! I was so distracted! It was so fun! It had tons of yummy treats in it from my parents including homemade cookies, poptarts, a cake mix, chips, and candy!! YUM! I took the bags of chips and divided them into two ziplock baggies each so I can take them for lunches! And the red doritos bag on the right is empty:)
It had popped in the package and darn it, I had to eat it. haha. It was awesome though and I was SOOO excited!!! I almost started crying when I opened it. I am not sure why. I think it was just because I felt so loved. I always get things I don't deserve(good things) and I always wonder why I am so blessed. But no matter what the reason, I am always soooo grateful! I can't wait to go get them a card tomorrow!
I got a package and that's why! I was so distracted! It was so fun! It had tons of yummy treats in it from my parents including homemade cookies, poptarts, a cake mix, chips, and candy!! YUM! I took the bags of chips and divided them into two ziplock baggies each so I can take them for lunches! And the red doritos bag on the right is empty:)
It had popped in the package and darn it, I had to eat it. haha. It was awesome though and I was SOOO excited!!! I almost started crying when I opened it. I am not sure why. I think it was just because I felt so loved. I always get things I don't deserve(good things) and I always wonder why I am so blessed. But no matter what the reason, I am always soooo grateful! I can't wait to go get them a card tomorrow!OH that reminds me, Lisa sent me a card too! She's so sweet!! I miss her so much, as I do the rest of the salon. I really do. And my family. I miss everyone! TAKE ME HOME! WAHHH!!
haha. No, I am ok. Although, I would like to go home and visit. Tomorrow I am getting stamps so I can finally send my sweet Crystal her thank you card that is welllllll under what she deserves, and welllllll over due.. I wrote it out right away, but never had stamps. But finally, tomorrow I am getting them. Hopefully they sell them at school because I am not waiting any more to go to the post office...
Well, sorry this blog wasn't as exciting as last times. It seems as if I hit the high point in the semester very early one. Haha. No, it is fun and will continue to me. I even went to FHE tonight, and it was pretty fun. I am finally meeting people from the ward. YAY! Thanks Rachel for talking me into going!!
Alright, well have a superb week and email me with your response to this weeks survey question:
Have you ever been to the snow? What is your opinion of snow?
Respond at Heather.lds@gmail.com
I am such a dork but I love having those little surveys because I like to know random facts about my friends and family!
LOVE YOU ALL!!
4 comments:
It was so fun having you guys over! You are so cute! It is fun to read your blog too. See you this weekend hopefully.....Bring your appetite and your awesome ta;iroed;....talent for games...(Noah is helping me type) c-YA
dude i say it everytime but, i'm so jealous you are having so much fun! True blue BYU experience ;) Miss you here though (well...i'm in arizona, but, miss you in general)
yES i have been to the snow. Yes I was raised in that snow and I used to walk to and from sschool in it every day. And my toes and fingers would be so cold. When I was in High School there was a bus but by the time it got to my house it ws loaded it would not even stop so most of the time I walked. And that is one reason I live in California. And if I come to Utah and get caught in snow once it reminds why I don't live there. But I don't really hate it. There were times when it was fun. I just don't like it underfoot every day. Love you Grandma.
can i just say how amazingly happy you look. i'm so happy you are having these experiences and i'm so proud of you for working and going to school. you deserve every blessing you are receiving. i hope you know that.
love you and miss you bunches!
Post a Comment