As a side note: I have been watching so much office lately that I keep saying, "Question" when I have a question...anyone who watches it, gets that. Hahaha. Dwight, what a goofball.
Anyways, this week was amaza-za-za-za-za-zing!!(That was for you Kisha and Ivy)
It all started not too long ago, in the far, far, far away land of Provo...
On the morn of Tuesday, we had a great leader come to our small kingdom of Brigham Young University, and he spoke to us common folk. President Gordon B. Hinckley(for those of you who aren't familiar with the Mormon church, that is our current Prophet) he came to our usual Tuesday morning devotional and it was splendid.
You make think I am exaggerating, but it was phenomenal. The entire Marriott Center was packed, with students, faculty, and a few city folk (which angers me to no extent because this was special for STUDENTS not random Utards who took up space so people who it was meant for were not able to attend. lame)
You make think I am exaggerating, but it was phenomenal. The entire Marriott Center was packed, with students, faculty, and a few city folk (which angers me to no extent because this was special for STUDENTS not random Utards who took up space so people who it was meant for were not able to attend. lame)Anyhow, it was so amazing because there was a huge roar throughout the huge facility from everyone just talking and visiting. But the second one person stood up to signify that President Hinckley was entering, the crowd was instantly silent. I mean, you could hear a pin drop, and it happened within a matter of seconds, and everyone stood up out of respect and love and it was just so great. The spirit was strong and I knew that this was a Prophet of God.
So he spoke to us about the 13Th article of faith and it was wonderful. I took notes and even did some voice recording on my phone but I couldn't get it all. Hopefully it will come out in print sometime and I can share it with anyone who would be interested. I love that man. He is so wonderful. ( SO as I was searching for the picture of the Prophet, I just learned there is a C in his last name....WEIRD! I never knew that...hahahah I am an idiot).
Continuing on, Tuesday evening they had the annual hike and light the Y. I had already hiked the Y in a previous weekend (you should know this seeing as you read my blog haha) and so I wasn't really up to it again, but I did however get a picture of what it looks like lit up. It remained lit all week, in celebration of HOMECOMING WEEK!! (I can't believe I hadn't mentioned that yet...oh well now you know) I am going to miss looking up and night as seeing that. It was pretty cool. Wednesday, I went to school again, like normal, and I got a few errands taken care of, including getting a free "fully invested" shirt that EVERYONE and their brother has this year, but it was free and I wanted a BYU shirt for the games. So I got one, and for free! Hooray!! Ok I am going into way too much detail sorry.
Wednesday afternoon, OH MAN! HA HA! I went to True Blue Football. This is a test of your loyalty to BYU and to show how big of a blue fan you are!
What it was was tag football, in a big field of blue foam. It was a really foamy frothy substance and it was dyed blue. They had a hill where they pumped it down to make a slide, and then they just pumped huge huge areas full of it to form the football fields. It was SOO fun. I had work right afterwards, so I was careful not to get my face, but I did get the rest of my body. I wish I would have been able to get pictures of me completely covered. But seeing as I was the camera man, once I got real gunky I had to put my camera away. All you see is me just starting out. But I wound up very similar to how my friend Ammon looks in these pictures, minus the face. This stuff was so fun!! But, it stained haha. I was blue for a long while, and still am in places, and it's Sunday. Haha. I got the funniest looks all week. Poor Ammon, even his face is still stained. Now that's True Blue loyalty.
Thursday, I attended the "Spectacular," which was a performance put on in the Marriott Center. He drove down and we went with Karli and it was soooooo good!
It had performances by the BYU Ballroom Dancers, another dance team, the Young Ambassadors, and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. It was phenomenal. I loved it and I am so happy I got to go. As I was sitting there I was thinking, "This is so awesome, I love BYU. I love that I go here, and I love that I get all these amazing opportunities as a student." I know that sounds cheesy but I am serious. As much as I miss home, and as much as I wouldn't like Utah if I just lived here, but because I am going to BYU, I love it. I Love it.
It had performances by the BYU Ballroom Dancers, another dance team, the Young Ambassadors, and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. It was phenomenal. I loved it and I am so happy I got to go. As I was sitting there I was thinking, "This is so awesome, I love BYU. I love that I go here, and I love that I get all these amazing opportunities as a student." I know that sounds cheesy but I am serious. As much as I miss home, and as much as I wouldn't like Utah if I just lived here, but because I am going to BYU, I love it. I Love it.Friday, here comes more fun!! After work, I went to my advisor to talk about my plans for future semesters and to sort out what I need to take for my major. And it was nothing but good news the whole time. I found out a few classes for my upper level, major courses were covered by some classes I thought I took for nothing at Golden West, plus, right then and there, he saw that I had taken some English courses and asked another guy and they both said I should get credit for that too. And so right there, he put a code in and it now says I have taken care of another class I need for my major. According to the list, after this semester I will need about 40 more units, and according to the list, I have about 39 more to go, plus religion courses which comes out to about 43 units left, anndddd according to my calculations, if I have 3 more semesters left at BYU, and if I took a full load of 15 units per semester, which I planned on anyways, that would be 45 units, and I technically don't need 45 just 43. SO that gives me two units to breathe! So I am right on track to graduate by April of 2009!! This was exciting news! I was worried I would have to take a summer course or something but it looks like I don't! Woo!!
Ok, so Friday night, Homecoming dance!!
The dance we chose to go to (there were 3 choices for Friday and 3 choices for Saturday) was a forties theme! For anyone who knows me, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the forties, and Big Band music and swing dancing and the styles and the everything! So of course I chose that theme.So we got all dressed up and went and it was SO fun!!! I loved it and he loved it and we danced sOOOO much and the music was great, and not to brag or anything, but I am pretty sure I had the best ensemble! I love it so much I am going to use it for Halloween! Hahah.
So the dance was great!
Saturday morning we woke up early and went to the pancake breakfast.
They had a few different locations where they were holding it, but we went to one right around the corner from my house. I love how we can walk almost everywhere here! Hahaha. So that was yummy!
They had a few different locations where they were holding it, but we went to one right around the corner from my house. I love how we can walk almost everywhere here! Hahaha. So that was yummy!
Then we watched the parade from the same corner and that was fun too! I love school spirit! One of my favorite things, as Julie Andrews would call it.
THIS was awesome!!!

Almost every single person, all 64,ooo or so of them, were wearing blue and white and it was nuts!! We have good seats, only because I believe there is no such thing as bad seats in that stadium. But it was SOOO fun and we won!!! See everyone doing the wave in the picture to the left? I loved singing the Alma mater song every time we scored, which was often, and I loved saying with the crowd as the announcer says, "looks like it's another.." and the crowd yells "FIRST DOWN!" I love it!!!! Then whenever we did something like take the ball from the other team or something, the band would play the star wars Darth Vader song, I think that's it, and everyone would swing their arms like they were marching. That was good fun as well!!


Oh man it rained so much and it was windy, and it was cold. But we stuck it out. Look at everyone putting on their ponchos in the pictures above, to the left. It was almost instant that everyone put them on. Haha. We didn't have one so we were soaked, SOAKED when we got home. But we had soup and watched a movie (Red Eye...SCARY but good! I loved it!)

So that was my fun fun week. Then Sunday we went to church and of course that was great too. I love it. I am happy. I am trying my best and even though I miss home and wouldn't mind coming home to visit, I know this is where I am supposed to be. I am learning so much and growing so much, hopefully. I am continuing to better myself and hopefully I will go nowhere but up from here.
I love you all, Thanks for being there for me and for reading this! WOOOOO!
The end....
until next time...

2 comments:
It sounds like you are having so much fun. I hope you are doing some schooling too!!!! I don't thnk you really miss us. NO, not at all.
Love, Dad
jeallllllouuuus! =) Way cute pics too!
Post a Comment