Sunday, November 25, 2007

California: Round Two

Man I can never get enough of California.


I just went home last week, for Thanksgiving and it was so nice to be home. I really do love California and I plan on keeping that as "home" forever.


So I got as much time as possible, I left Friday the weekend BEFORE thanksgiving, and I didn't come back to Provo until yesterday, Saturday, the weekend AFTER thanksgiving. I know, I am so lucky. I really am.


So the first weekend, I went to my mom's and got to spend time with my mom, sister and grandma. It was nice and relaxing and good to just hang out with them and be myself.


Monday I went to lunch with Lisa and Nella. Then I got my phone fixed finally!!!


Tuesday I got my hair done :) Then we made gingerbread houses! I even made a little one and brought it to school with me! It's cute!


Wednesday we left for Palm Springs and it was so nice! Again, I love California!


We stayed in condo's! I didn't have a camera, and the only pictures my dad took were of the field hockey games my sister played, so here's a picture off the website...

Yes that's a lazy river :)

It was so nice to get a little sun (even though it didn't even make a dent in my utah white skin...) and just relaxing and not worrying about life.

My sister played a ton of field hockey games in a tournament and so I went to a few of those.

We had thanksgiving on Friday and it was delicious!

And now I am back in Provo, back to life, but you know what? If I gotta do it, why bother complaining? I mean, it doesn't make it better, and I keep reminding myself, instead of whining and wanting more vacation time, be grateful for what I had. It was a rather long vacation actually and I am very lucky and blessed that I was able to take that long of a break from school and just relax and do nothing. So, I am going to try and keep a good, positive frame of mind.

Only sad thing is, I haven't heard from David in a little while and it's getting harder and harder because I don't have that constant interaction. Well, it's probably for a good reason, well obviously it is. I am pretty serving the Lord and teaching the gospel is the best excuse.... :)

But I have so many great people in my life and I need to make sure I really appreciate them. They are amazing and I would be nothing without them. I have made it a goal to become very selfless and look for every opportunity to serve others and make sacrifices. I need to be less selfish and less self absorbed...HENCE my new goal! So if you need help with anything, let me know. And I will keep praying for opportunities to help others.

How was your thanksgiving? and what are you most grateful for?

p.s. Sorry there aren't pictures. That's the only part worth while usually on my blogs haha. I tend to ramble....OK done rambling.

2 comments:

Mandy Coffey said...

Can i just say... SOOOO jealous!

Hey how do you do your blog style, its so cute! teach me your ways oh wise one!

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

wait you heard "gene Kelly" or "GRACE Kelly"? haha, youre silly..but i still knew what song you spoke of, of course! I know, he sounds so much like freddy in that one. I LOVE MIKA!