Sunday, December 2, 2007

Baby it's cold outside!

This weekend I had a plan. The plan was to help my friend Sarah with her bridal portraits. Snow was never a part of the plan...

Friday after work, I killed time before Karli came and picked me up. I packed my things and right before we left, the mail came!!!!!!


I got a letter with pictures from David!! It seriously made my whole weekend and it came when I was on the verge of cracking, so I am so thankful! I will try to maybe scan those pictures into the computer and maybe later I will post them on his website....it's a little bare since he just got out there a month ago...a MONTH! HOLY COW! A month has already gone by! It felt slow...SOOOO slow, but its on less month to wait and that means only 23 months left!!

Anyways, that wasn't the point of his blog. Let me carry on...

After spending the night and Sarah and Karli's, and after a night full of stuffing envelopes... Saturday we got up early and looked out the window and the world was covered in SNOW!! It was still coming down and pretty much came down all day! It was so pretty, and an exciting way to start December.

So we got ready, after I took a few touristy, "Oh my gosh it's snow!" pictures, and we headed out to this castle that many brides take their pictures at. I understand why, because it was beautiful!! Sarah was gorgeous and the whole scene was just phenomenal! Sarah really wanted their to be snow in her pictures and she had her prayers answered because it was just rainy the night before, and up until then, we haven't had anything for a long time. It was a christmas/wedding miracle!




So Audrey, Karli and I came along to help out and we were out in the snow alll day taking pictures. It was pretty cold, but the whole majestic surrealness to it made it all worth it. Plus, we really helped Sarah out and I am glad I could do something nice for such a good person. She's awesome and it was just an awesome day. Totally worth it.








Then, late last night, when Sarah and David were dropping me off, they had the crazy idea to go "visit" David at the MTC. hahaha. Those nuts. So we went over to the MTC sign and took a few pictures for me to give to David so I can send them to him and say, "seeeeee? We got to share our first real snow fall together!" hahahah. yes, we are nerds, but that's why you love us! Then Sarah had the idea that she wanted to make David out of snow. It turned out the snow wasn't very good for making snow elders, so she had to make a tiny one, and we took a picture of Snow Elder Ornelas and I am gonna send that too.



Then, this morning, Rachel and I had to walk to church because our cars were under soooo much snow and we didn't have time to dig them out, and warm them up. We just walked. It was so beautiful! We even had real ICICLES on our house!! I think those were my favorite and they totally made my day!





We saw this snowman on the way home! hahahah.

The picture above is looking at the roof of my car head on. That's how thick the snow was. It's been sitting there since it first started snowing yesterday.
After church, I was invited to go to the Orgill's for dinner.
I had to dig my car out, with a spatula. Yes, I am from California.
Spencer went to Norway for the last 4 or so months, and he was showing his slides from his travels. So, I went over there and it was way fun. I always love going over there. Their entire family is up here in Utah now, so it's almost like being home again when I go over there. Plus, they just love me so it's all good. Brother Orgill introduces me as his daughter or daughter-in-law. Hahaha. Here's me and the Orgill boys...minus Riley.
Funny story: When I went to leave to come back home, my car was not any more snowed on, just iced. And I couldn't open my door! I unlocked it but it just wouldn't open. So I went around to the passenger side, and that one opened. So I put the keys in the ignition to get it warming up, locked the passenger door so it would be locked while I drove, and then I proceeded to scrape ice off with the spatula(didn't work too well...) Then I decided I needed to scrape my side, not the passenger side, so I closed the door and walked around. When I got to that side, I still couldn't open the door, and the other one I locked. I wasn't able to get into the car and the engine was running!!! I HAD TO USE THE SPATULA TO PRY OPEN MY DOOR! hahah. Oh man.

I had a blast and I love the weekends!!!


OH and ps. If you love these pictures you can thank Karli!! She found her old camera and is letting my borrow it, and so now I can take pictures again!! Thanks Karli!! You are fabulous!!



It's almost christmas!!!!

1 comment:

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

fun snow pictures!!! I have no idea how to make my blog cute, my best friend does it for me! hahaha