Sunday, December 9, 2007

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

HURRAY another weekend of snow!! It was beautiful once again but this time we got a better chance to play in it!

Friday I went on a group date to Salt Lake for the Bell Choir concert in the Conference Center. It was really cool and I loved the music.
THEN! When we came out of the show, there was SNOW!!!! It was sooo pretty! It was snowing the whole time while we walked around Temple Square and it was just magical with the twinkling christmas lights and the always elegant Temple. I was acting like a little kid with my camera, taking pictures every few minutes and I just couldn't stop laughing and I even let out quite a few giggles. haha. I am such a nerd, but it was SO awesome!! The pictures just do NOT do it justice!

We went back after the show and had hot chocolate and it was just a super fun night. IT was really fun to meet new people in my ward. It's about time I got out there haha. They were all really nice and fun and easy to talk to...well..with the exception of Todd Rhymeswithodd. He was...um..ya.
SATURDAY! I got up and it was just barely starting to snow here in Provo, and Rachel and I went to a ward service project! We had breakfast first with everyone and then we shuttled over to the food bank. We helped unload the donated food from the cars dropping it off, into the big crates. It was so fun! But more importantly, it was soooo awesome to feel useful and to help those in need. There was so much food and it just made me feel so warm and fuzzy inside.

Then I went over to Karli and Sarah's, naturally, and we watched a movie and then went to play in the snow!! We had a snowball fight and then we made my and Karli's first real snow man! We even rolled the snow into a ball that got bigger and bigger. "I guess I really do believe in the 'snowball effect'!"



Then we went to go back inside and OOPS! Their roommate locked the door on us!! So we went over to Tasha's house while we waited a few hours for Audrey to come home and let us into their apt. I took a nap. They tried to jimmy their way into the house. No luck. I had a nice nap though!

Finally, we got back in, had dinner and watched Jingle All The Way! I love it!!

So, my latest adventure is not complete until I tell you my newest hobby: knitting.


Actually, hobby is not the right word. That implies I enjoy it and do it for leisure. No, no no, knitting is my obligation I caused myself.
I decided for part of David's birthday/christmas present, I would knit him a scarf.... Bad idea. I would have already given up because I am so impatient but, in this scenario, my impatience was out-weighed by my stubborness. Oh jeeze. So I have to knit this darn thing and mail it by the 18th. Ya, I know this is nerdy but Sarah and I calculated how much more I have to do, and it's about 50 more hours of knitting, that's about 7 hours a day to get it done on time. Don't ask how I am going to accomplish that. I do not know. But I am hoping the learning curve will help me out a little bit and I will keep getting faster. Ya, wish me luck.

Anyways, so christmas is coming and it's so hard for me because I have so many wonderful, amazing people in my life and I want to do something to show them I care but I am not sure what to do because I am sort of tight on money. I know I don't have to do anything, but I want to. I was having a conversation on Friday night with one of my new friends about this and I was saying that I can't wait until the day when I am established and am able to do and buy things for people when I think of them and when they need me. Not that it is all about material things, but I mean more the thought behind those actions. I wish I could do more now, but I have accepted that I am in a stage of life where it isn't an option yet. But when it comes, boy will I be excited.

For now, I am brainstorming ideas for fun little homemade things that wouldn't cost a lot that would be cute to give out. Got any ideas?

I never feel like I can end these things without some sort of sign off so here I go....


MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

5 comments:

Mandy Coffey said...

HEATHER YOU ARE SO HOT AND SO FUN I CANT WAIT TO ROOM WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rayecheal said...

Great pictures! How did you get the pics to overlap? Too bad that one is cut off.
Anyway, I just wanted you to know that I really do read your blog! I just don't usually comment!

Jenny J said...

you are crazy.
are you going to apple valley for christmas eve?
and...
what happened to your boyfriend?

Jenny J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny J said...

by the way, that picture of you in the snow with the umbrella is so stinkin' cute!