Tuesday, January 26, 2010

"We've Only Just Begun"

Today is January 26th, 2010. Tuesday. For most of you, it's just another Tuesday. There is snow on the ground from the huge amount that fell last night. Or, if you're in California, maybe it's another day of rain. You'll go to school, like every other day. You'll go to work like every other day. You'll run your errands; you'll eat your meals, you'll spend time with your family. You'll go about your day, like every other day.

Not me.

Today, I can't possibly have a regular, routine Tuesday. I can't possibly just go through my day and not be smiling and reflecting on the past two years.

Why is today so different and special? Why is it not just another Tuesday?

Because today is January 26th, 2010.

Two years ago today, I met the man I am going to marry. It's been two years since KR and I met and started dating. Two years of fun, joy, happiness, sorrow, heartbreak, learning, growing, and most importantly, love.

KR and I met through a mutual friend, Miss Carli Morasco. Her cousin Nate served his mission with KR in Texas, and Carli was roommates with my cousin, Sandra. Sandra introduced me to Traci, who got me a job when I came to BYU. She invited me to go to a basketball game one day.

January 26th, 2008

We went to dinner after the game, Cafe Rio, and Carli and Bobbi came. That's when I met two more of my greatest friends. After dinner, we decided to go hot tubbing. Carli knew some boys she was inviting, and on the way, Traci and Carli got thinking and said to me, "You and KR would be so cute together." My response was, "What's a KR?" Haha. Anyway, so we went to the jacuzzi and the boys met us there, and right away, I notice one of them is wearing a Huntington Beach shirt. So, being the brave person I am (not even close, but this was the day I decided to start pushing myself to be more outgoing, luckily) I told him I was from there and we started a conversation. He told me his name was KR. We chatted, casually and we all got to know each other. It was great conversation and I was having a ball getting to know all these knew friends. I saw that the pool was still filled and the water was frozen over. For those of you who know me, know I am a dork and once I get an idea in my head, I don't let it go easily. I couldn't stop saying how walking on the ice would be like walking on water. So, Carli and I got out of the hot tub and went over to the pool and slowly tested the ice. It was definitely thick enough to support our weight so we went for it. Well, KR didn't want to get shown up by a girl, so we decided he had to do it too. So, he did.

KR and I walked on water the first day we met. I know it's cheesy, but I absolutely love it.


Our relationship has been a journey and I wouldn't change any single thing that's happened. I know it all happened for a reason, and it scares me to think that if anything hadn't happened, we wouldn't be so happy and we wouldn't be getting married in just over three months. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father knows me and loves me enough to give me the trials I need to strengthen me and prepare me for what was to come, and is to come. I am so grateful that he has blessed me with someone who is so unbelievably perfect for me, I can't even fathom a life without him. KR is so incredibly wonderful to me and just who I need. He is patient and loving and sweet, but he is also strong and intelligent and protective. He's so fun and easy going, but a hard worker and diligent. He has a strong testimony and a great knowledge of the gospel. He has every priority straight in his life and gives me everything I need. I can't even remember my life before him, nor do I want to. It's an indescribable feeling to think that I have the honor of being sealed to him in the temple for time and all eternity. I am so beyond grateful for the gospel and that blessing it brings to my life.


I am so amazed at how happy I am.

Two years ago today, I never would have guessed things would have happened the way they have. We've had such a long, wonderful journey, and yet, to quote the Carpenters,"we've only just begun..."
That makes me smile.