Wellllllllll..........We found an apartment!!!
We are sooo excited!!
After a long search and about 12 walk-through's, we found one that felt right and fit right.
The price was great and the location is very central- only a 12 minute drive until you're IN Portland and I can literally walk to the mall and/or Target!!
We are sooo excited!!
After a long search and about 12 walk-through's, we found one that felt right and fit right.
The price was great and the location is very central- only a 12 minute drive until you're IN Portland and I can literally walk to the mall and/or Target!!
Here are some pictures to give you an idea! We'll post more once we've moved in and [sort of] settled.
Here's a view of the outside. We're on the second floor up there.
Here's a view of the outside. We're on the second floor up there.
Here's what it looks like when you first walk in and look straight. There's a hallway (and that's the bathroom, but we'll get there in a minute!)
To the left is the living room. We love it!! Look at the vaulted ceiling and the skylights at the top up there! Yay! Sunshine!!
Here's the same view but a few more steps back (standing in the kitchen almost)
To the right is the kitchen area. (I forgot to take a picture of the actual kitchen). We love that it doesn't have carpet under where our table will go.
Then standing in the living room, the same wall the front door is on (see it there on the left?) are these windows!! They continue on the other side of the front door, in the kitchen too!! If Portland ever has a sun, I'm getting every ounce of that sunlight in my house!
Shelves!!
Please know that this was all coincidence and KR had just as much say in the matter and I did not force him to live in the house with the pink bathroom :)
But look at that counter space! I love having counterspace in the bathroom. And storage under the sink. Some places we looked at had absolutely nothing! Just a free-standing sink and I was not ok with that. THIS however, is fabulous!
One last look at the bathroom. Lots of mirror and even a medicine cabinet (I miss having that. I loved it in our house)
Then if you go back out of the bathroom and turn right (or if you are just going down the hall to begin and turn left), you'll see this:
All in all, we are super excited about it. We felt good and went on a final walk through today and it just confirmed it is the right place for us. We could see ourselves living there, which is exactly what we want: to start our life together and to live.
We're so grateful we found something and we're grateful for everything that's been done to help us. KR's parents have been wonderful in letting us stay with them-absolutely wonderful. And my family did so much to help us move and to get all packed up. It was so sad to say goodbye. I kept telling myself it was just like college, but in a way it wasn't. It made me cry to see my dad cry. He doesn't cry very often so when he does, you know he means it.* It even made me cry all over again when relaying the scene to a family friend of KR's.
We pray just about every night in gratitude for all our families have done for us. It's immeasurable and we will never be able to express the emotions, nor will we ever be able to repay them. But just to try one more time: thank you. We love you and for the family far away, we miss you. A lot. Please don't forget about us. We love you.
Oh and my faithful followers (which I was so pleasantly surprised to see there are more than two of you out there!!) I will be trying my hardest to get caught up on everything. I was waiting for the wedding pictures but they are taking a long time and now I am so far behind, it's just daunting. But I promise I will try to little by little. Thank you for being patient and for not giving up on me. . . well us. Oops. It's "our" blog now. Haha.
Till next time!
*It would be a fallacy (although I'm not quite sure which one exactly) to infer that when I say "my dad doesn't cry very often, so when he does, he means it", I also believe that to cry often means you do not mean it. I cry very often and I often mean it.
We're so grateful we found something and we're grateful for everything that's been done to help us. KR's parents have been wonderful in letting us stay with them-absolutely wonderful. And my family did so much to help us move and to get all packed up. It was so sad to say goodbye. I kept telling myself it was just like college, but in a way it wasn't. It made me cry to see my dad cry. He doesn't cry very often so when he does, you know he means it.* It even made me cry all over again when relaying the scene to a family friend of KR's.
We pray just about every night in gratitude for all our families have done for us. It's immeasurable and we will never be able to express the emotions, nor will we ever be able to repay them. But just to try one more time: thank you. We love you and for the family far away, we miss you. A lot. Please don't forget about us. We love you.
Oh and my faithful followers (which I was so pleasantly surprised to see there are more than two of you out there!!) I will be trying my hardest to get caught up on everything. I was waiting for the wedding pictures but they are taking a long time and now I am so far behind, it's just daunting. But I promise I will try to little by little. Thank you for being patient and for not giving up on me. . . well us. Oops. It's "our" blog now. Haha.
Till next time!
*It would be a fallacy (although I'm not quite sure which one exactly) to infer that when I say "my dad doesn't cry very often, so when he does, he means it", I also believe that to cry often means you do not mean it. I cry very often and I often mean it.
5 comments:
i really love the apartment. good luck with moving in =)
so fun! first apartment for your new life together! married life is so blissful! have fun decorating! xo
So this made me cry! I miss you guys!! The apartment looks awesome tho! I can't wait to visit it some time when you guys are all moved in and have all your stuff in there. It's gonna be awesome!! :D I love you!!
you guys are so spoiled!!! I love it so much!! so happy :)
Your apartment looks wonderful. I can't wait to see it when it is all fixed up. It makes us miss you even more. It seems like you are so far away. Love you
Post a Comment