About a month ago, I started running.
Well trying to.
I have mentioned it before in previous posts.
But to reiterate: I hate running.
I have never been able to run and I always walked most, if not all, in PE. Once in a blue moon, I will get the urge to "go running" and then literally about 3 minutes later, I'm walking and gasping for air. Now, I love being active and I work out regularly. But it's never a lot of cardio or for a long period.
So since I decided to conquer this hatred for running, I feel myself slowly improving!! We set a goal when I started and today, I achieved it!!!
We live on a major intersection and then it's a mile to the next major light and there is a Burgerville on the corner. My goal was to be able to make it to the corner without stopping!! You seriously don't understand what an achievement this is for me!! And the reward was that if I could make it there without stopping, I could eat there!! haha
We haven't gone yet, since it was only this morning and the chicken taco filling (shout out to Catherine!) was already in the crock pot, but we'll be going soon!! Just in time for wala-wala onion rings to be in season!! yay!!!
In other news, we got to go to Mammoth a week ago and spend time with my family and extended family. It was a BLAST!! Pictures will come eventually. It's a lot harder with working and not having internet at home. Everything is working against me and blogging haha. Just kidding.
I have plenty more to blog about too, but those come with pictures and it's always better with the visuals so I'll wait to tell ya. BUT. I'll leave you with one final bit of good and exciting news:
I am the new beehive advisor for our ward!! I am so dang excited!! I love it! I love the idea of it! I love that I get to be hopefully a good example and someone for these sweet impressionable girls to look up to. I hope they like me!!! I haven't met them yet, but I think this Sunday I will. yay!!
Ok, well that's all for now!! Hopefully pictures will come soon!!!
XOXO
2 comments:
Yay!!! for running, Burgerville, Walla Walla onions, and having a job, AND chicken taco filling!
HEY! Beehive advisor! that sounds so fun :) you're gonna do great- and it's impossible for them NOT to love you!! :)
and way to go on that Burgerville Run!
miss you
Post a Comment