With some help from KR's mom and the public library, I've found some great stories that have helped me keep my focus on the true meaning of this holiday season: Christ and being Christ-like.
From left to right:
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens-a classic that I've never read and am quite enjoying.
Secret Santa by Anne Osborn Poelman-the one I am currently reading and so far, really liking. It's set during the depression, which is a good reminder of how good we really have it, even during these tough economic times.
In The Dark Streets Shineth by David Mccullough- A very short book that is still really neat. it has some excerpts from FDR and Churchill. I love the message of still taking time to think about Christ, even amidst times of war. It reminds me that once upon a time, America was a Christian country and it was more than ok for our president to not only believe in God but to mention His name!
The Christmas List by - I haven't read this one yet but it looks like it will be good also.
The Christmas Sweater by Glenn Beck- This one was really good!! It's based on a true story and talks about the blessing of second chances and the atonement.
Two From Galilee by Marjory Holmes- I haven't read this one yet either but I am really excited to. It's supposed to be the story of Mary and Joseph from their point of view. What better story to read about than the very reason this holiday exists??
These are just a few; I know there are many, many more.
Do you have a favorite holiday book to read?
Oh and they make great decoration too!
Merry Christmas!!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment:
I am going to have to check some of these out! Great idea, Heather!
Post a Comment