DISCLAIMER: This post is rather lengthy and you should make sure you have time before you start reading it. I apologize for any inconvenience, and appreciate any comments you may have. Thank you and have a lovely day.
Well I didn't want to say EVERYTHING all in one post yesterday so I broke it up into two posts.
This is the post where I update you on what has happened since I actually got here at BYU.
I got here Saturday, a week ago from yesterday, and I unpacked and I got everything in its place. Sunday, my roommate and I went to church but we weren't sure which ward was the one we needed to go to. So we kind of picked one, and once there, we realized we were not correct. So we enjoyed that ward but knew it was temporary. We figured out our correct ward and plan on going today(sunday again).
Monday I went to school to use the computer lab because my computer wasn't here yet, and while I was taking care of some things, my friend Ammon logged on and we started chatting and found out he was coming to campus too. So we met up and did all of our errands together which made it really fun. It was nice to have a familiar face in an unfamiliar place. So I payed for my tuition online, we got our books, our ID's, checked out some different spots on campus, and had lunch in the super cool CougarEat. Seriously this place is so cool! It's just like it's own city. The book store is three stories, and is basically like a regular store, only the textbooks are on the top floor. But they have all regular stuff too. And the CougarEat is like a food court in a mall, and everything is just so cool! It's just like it's own little community. So after that was all done, we went our seperate ways, and....I can't remember what I did that night. Monday.....Oh I think Garrett and I hung out. Yes I believe that was the day. Because he got here that day. Oh and Monday morning, before anything, I had a job interview. I got the job and I will be working at the Library of Law, in the Law School on campus. pretty exciting stuff. I am officially a librarian...no jokes please.
Tuesday I......man it's tough to remember. This week seems like it's been so long! I can't believe it's only been 7 days. Grr....
Ok Tuesday I got up early again and went grocery shopping! My first time officially! I went to Wal-mart because out here they are all super centers, and so I got all my groceries for under $100. I came home to put them away, and I was just so disgusted by the fridge and how the other girl who lived here already(not my roommate but the other room who has her own room and I haven't met her yet). So I rolled up my sleeves and got down and dirty. It was SO gross but I got it nice and pretty and now I actually feel comfortable eating from it. Ha ha. But one drawer is broken, and so I decided, I took the time to clean this, I get the drawer that isn't broken! So I moved the other girls stuff into the broken one and now I get the clean non broken drawer. I know that sounds mean, but you would do the same thing. Especially if you saw the fridge. Anyways, so I cleaned a while longer, just one thing after another
we went to the Copper mines(kennecot...hahaha),
Wednesday, I met up with my cousins, one of which was going to the MTC (Missionary Training Center) and so we went to breakfast . It was so cool to see all the different missionaries just getting there, starting out, all in the same boat. It's so weird to remember the missionaries have lives back home and are real people. So that was a sad goodbye for his family. That night I went to the computer lab on campus for about two hours. Long...almost as long as this dang post. I promise they wont't all be this long. I'm just trying to catch everyone up because they always want to know, and this way they can.

Thursday was the first day of New Student Orientation. I checked in, and we had this meeting with every single new student in the basketball building, like where the huge basketball games are held. We had convocation, which I'm not sure what that word means, but it was basically just a big meeting. We had a speaker, and then a movie about the history of BYU.
After that, we went to smaller meetings, and my group which was transfer students, not freshman like everyone else, we had special meetings meant for us. Then we had lunch and I met my new friend Karli(woot woot) and we hit it off right away. We hung out the rest of the day and kind of split off fro mthe group because it wasn't as structured and we didn't have to go to everything.
Friday, I got up early and planned on going to NSO(new student orientation) but my new boss called me and said, come to my office right now, I'm taking you to get your new SS card. I was like. uhhhh..... But I went and got it and then met up for the transfer student meetings, and then lunch and then I went back and trained for work(yes already. I wasn't prepared for that and was rather nervous). But that went well and I have a friend who works there(she got me the job, Traci) and it wasn't too bad. A lot of little things I need to remember, but nothing major. It looks like it will be an ok job. But it has NOTHING on Ooh La La...
Friday night they had a Transfer Student Dinner and social. and I met up with Karli too and it was pretty fun. Good food. After that, we went to get Frozen Yogurt, and DAVID! Guess what the place was called.... "Fro Yo" HAHAH!!!! It was so funny too because I was like, let's go get Fro yo, and karli was like, oh I know where a place is, kind of like Golden Spoon(she's from california too) and we went and that's what it was called. HA ha! anyways, so then we went to the Friday Night Extravaganza! It was all the new students, about 5000, all in the field playing get to know you games. But they were MASSIVE groups of people and it was SO fun! very mormony. haha. I loved it.
Then I went with Karli to the Saturday Night Finale. It was the last activity of NSO. They had dancing, ping-pong, DDR, this blow up bounce house but you joust, volley ball and the dating game. THEN at 10, this show started that they have around here, it's called "Comedy Sportz" and it's just like Whose Line is it Anyways. it was HILARIOUS!! Oh my gosh! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. It was SO funny!!!!!!!! So I plan on going to the actually place where they have that regularly.
Anyways, So that was my week. Now I am all ready for church
So I promise from now on, I will have briefer updates, and try to do it more often. Also, I plan on having more pictures so that makes it funner. The pictures in this post have nothing to do with this week, but I wanted to make it a little less boring...
I'm sorry.
Well I'd love to hear from everyone, so email me if you like.
Love you all!
1 comment:
What a colorful blog! I like it. READ MINE!! MINE's MORE INFLUENTIAL. jk. I'm glad your having fun up there. everything worked out! See!!! you in 56 days!!! tricked you!
Post a Comment