Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bee My Honey

Here's MY Valentine :) But before I get to telling all about my Valentine's day, here are some pictures from Christy's wedding reception!!

Here is Amanda, Leisl and me with Andy and Jen peeking in the background.


All us roomies from last semester (minus Sarah, plus the new hubby, James)

Me and KR. It had great food and fun dancing and it was a lot of fun. :)

To begin the Valentine celebrations, my two roommates Leisl and Sarah and I bought heart shaped pizza for our boys! We surprised them and it was so fun!! And totally cute!!









Now for actual Valentine's Day, I made KR some super cute brownies and breakfast!!

Oh and of course some kisses :)





In Oregon, berries are very common but not so much here in Utah so I bought some to top the pancakes off. I personally think it was a very aesthetically pleasing meal with all the rich colors. Haha. Oh and of course it tasted great too!










Next we headed up to Catherine and Brian's house. I was exhausted and fell asleep in the car. I woke up to find us in Salt Lake City. I was really confused until we pulled up in front of the SLC Library!!! I know this doesn't sound that exciting but it was something on my "bucket list" that I added quite a few years ago. It was the best surprise!!!

They had all these little cafes and shops inside (see them on the right?)

The elevators were awesome because they had all their workings completely exposed!

It was HUGE in there. SO incredible!!
I loved how artistic the building was.
We spent some time just exploring and having fun in the kids section and looking at the awesome architecture. What a fantastic surprise. He's definitely a keeper :)







Once we really got to Catherine's house, KR's parents were already there (they were visiting this weekend) and Calene (his other sister that lives nearby) and her two girls got there and we all made cookies! It was mostly us girls making the cookies but KR helped a little and he did a great job!

KR's mom had the secrets to making fabulous cookies!! Look how professional these things look!!

The poodle was definitely one of my favorites that I made.
Here's KR with lots of focusing!
He really did a good job, I was impressed.
These were my other favorites that I made. SO adorable!!
We made TONS of cookies!

All the girls (in our aprons might I add)


Look how professional they are!




The King and all his cookies :)
Later that night KR and I went to get gelato and it was just a wonderful day. I loved spending time with his amazing family and just relaxing and beeeeeing with my honey. hahahahah ok that was WAY cheesy. But he's so great, I can't help but be happy!
Sunday we went to Catherine and Brian's ward and then headed up more north to Calene's house. We had dinner, played games, had dessert and just had a great day. KR and Brian went to go get the eggs from their chickens in the backyard!! Look how deep the snow is there!
They had to poke her and push her to get the eggs from her. She growled a little (haha) but...
he got them!!
Oh and I can't forget to mention that we all were working on a 1000 piece puzzl of Australia. OH man! We didn't quite finish before we left but we got quite a bit done and it was a fun bonding experience.

I had SUCH a great three day weekend and I was bummed to come back to real life, again. But I am grateful for the fun time I had. KR has an amazing family and I am grateful for how much they welcome me with open arms.

No comments: