Today I'm going to teach everyone a little about some pop culture/geography/inside joke/common knowledge of this area in Oregon.
Lake Oswego.
{Pronounced Ah-swee-go}
This city has a reputation.
For being rich and snooty. For being upscale. For having BIG houses.
There is a lake that makes property value very high called Oswego Lake (confusing huh?)
{side story: they are debating/planning on putting in a electric train from Lake Oswego to Portland and their was an opinion piece about it in the Oregonian and so many people had similar comments such as "of course, the people of Lake Oswego need some way for their servants to get to their houses" and "can't imagine the hoity toity's will get on public transportation". Just to give you an idea of the reputation they have, although I have met some very nice, humble people from LO)}
Anyway, I hadn't really been over there yet. {The temple is right on edge so I guess technically I have} But KR finally took me one weekend when we had Saturday off. It still looks like we're camping....haha. But there were some pretty big houses. We didn't go by all the biggest, but I saw plenty of huge ones.
ANYWAY. So the Willamette (will-amm-it) River feeds in to the lake, and we took a little walk around that area and it was very pretty and serene.
Lake Oswego.
{Pronounced Ah-swee-go}
This city has a reputation.
For being rich and snooty. For being upscale. For having BIG houses.
There is a lake that makes property value very high called Oswego Lake (confusing huh?)
{side story: they are debating/planning on putting in a electric train from Lake Oswego to Portland and their was an opinion piece about it in the Oregonian and so many people had similar comments such as "of course, the people of Lake Oswego need some way for their servants to get to their houses" and "can't imagine the hoity toity's will get on public transportation". Just to give you an idea of the reputation they have, although I have met some very nice, humble people from LO)}
Anyway, I hadn't really been over there yet. {The temple is right on edge so I guess technically I have} But KR finally took me one weekend when we had Saturday off. It still looks like we're camping....haha. But there were some pretty big houses. We didn't go by all the biggest, but I saw plenty of huge ones.
ANYWAY. So the Willamette (will-amm-it) River feeds in to the lake, and we took a little walk around that area and it was very pretty and serene.
There was a historical building (or part of one) where they did something with iron back in the day.... sorry I guess I should have read more about it. It was neat though.
Can you see KR hiding?
{ya, I have a feeling our kids are going to be monkeys. . . they're going to want to climb on everything}
{I'm telling you, monkeys....}
1 comment:
I hope your kids don't also inherit the "break both arms (one twice) and a leg" gene in addition to the climb everything gene! :)
Post a Comment