Sunday, October 2, 2011

Summer Vacation: Fourth of July!!!!!

 Oh my goodness!! My most favorite holiday!! Last year, we were in Oregon for the 4th, and I have to admit, I was rather depressed that day. It just wasn't the same!! So to soothe the ache, I decided that we were going to be home for the next year's 4th, no matter what!! (which is why it worked out PERFECTLY that Greg was getting married the end of June, so we could combine the trips!)

The holiday always starts out with the Huntington Beach Stake Independence Day Program! 
Our stake has always been amazing at putting on programs and performances! They do a huge 4th of July show every year, they do a Christmas program every year and every 3 years or so, they do a HUGE musical program! It was always SO fun and a huge part of my youth! Some of my favorite memories!

Anyway, we attended that the Friday evening before the 4th.

Marissa and Bethany aren't very patriotic haha. but I love the purse pile.

smile sensor- my dad was playing with it this time. I love Amber, Marissa AND KR in the background. hahah




love this picture of Bethany!

The morning of the 4th, we woke up early and headed down to Main St. (We haven't done this every year because in most years, we were performing in the stake program and they have 2 performances in the morning). We staked out some spots and watched the Huntington Beach parade!! For those of you who haven't attended this and ever have a chance? GO! DO IT! I have converted KR!! hahaha. Not that it was hard!! 

I think my absolutely most favorite part about everything is the patriotism! HB gets SOOO in to it and you just feel like...ah! It's uniting and inspiring!! One day, it would be a dream to own a house down there so I can decorate it like some of these houses!! 

So without further delay: the 4th of July: HB STYLE!!












  In addition to decorating houses and cars, everyone decorates their bikes!! I LOVE IT!! I am just giddy even just looking at the pictures!! haha.















giant girl scout cookie!!!
 



OC Ramps! My cousin's skate ramp company!



 After a BBQ with my family and extended family, who all live really close (some in the same housing tract), we piled our bikes in to a truck, drove to the Stake Center and rode the rest of the way to the beach!! (SUCH a smart idea; I'm so glad my dad figured that out a while back because the traffic is terrible afterward). 

Once we snagged a spot down between Magnolia and Newland, I took KR down to the pier to check out the madness that I love so much! They have a stage with a band and LOTS of people and just so much fun! As you can tell, lots of bikes again!! AH I love it!!




just hanging out, waiting for the fireworks!

of course you have to bring a football! We're Americans!



fireworks from the pier!









No comments: