So back in the end of August, KR and I traveled all over the west coast!!!! We took the two weeks he had off from school to travel home. We went to CA-lifornia and OR-egon (hence the name ORCA). We even went up to Washington at the end for about a day and a half. It was the most fantastic trip I've taken in a long time; a much needed and much deserved trip for both of us. I graduated back in April and then KR took some hard classes spring and summer, so we were pretty excited to treat ourselves. Not to mention, we were so excited to see family, friends and the ocean!!! So without further ado. . .
The ORCA Trip of Summer 09!!
Our first stop was in Enterprise Utah. KR's sister Michelle lives there with her four boys and it was so fun to see them. They LOVE KR and he's so great with them. We went to Panaca Pond for the day (we were only in town for like a day and a half unfortunately) and it was really fun for the boys.

I saw up in the tree and took pictures. There were "zebra fish" in the water and the boys said it doesn't hurt that bad when they bite you." Ya, no thanks.

Men in Trees.

Michael's snake. He found this snake some time right before I got there. How convenient. They kept scaring me with it and making me touch it and I finally even held it for like a second. hahah.

That first full day of our trip was KR's birthday! He sure got to celebrate a lot! This was celebration number one of eight or so. It's ok, he deserves it :) I hope he enjoyed them all.

Once we were actually in California, of course the first thing we did was hit the beach!! Ah it was SO nice to be back in that wonderful lifestyle. I miss the relaxing beach life.

I took KR to the ESPN Zone for dinner to celebrate his birthday. It's at Downtown Disney and it is just a blast down there. I love the atmosphere and we had a great time. Good food too! Thickest bacon either of us has ever seen!

We went up to my Grandma's to see her and my mom and Becca on Sunday and celebrated
again. Lucky boy! He sure is loved! I have no pictures yet though with them. I have to snag them from my Grandma.

We rode our bikes to the beach one day. Classic activity when you live 6 miles from the beach. We went to Ruby's on the pier for lunch and it was so yummy. MMmm I want to go get a shake right now.

Just the ocean behind us, NBD.

We went to Laguna Beach one day. I like to take pictures of KR driving. . .

We're there! Isn't the water breathtaking? I just am in love with it everything in this picture. ;)

Tunnel of love awww <3 onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiIdOHO5w1ccg9NFUePNnocDaWlDJ58n962CXckbkdnwI6zxyh8zqYns9fBwZsE1LB4kWeo6ypJLEKa4Aiapr4z3vd3GPZwh8432yZV6WbGFWbrGRb_P-9ACS9F6pv1kk0dL2xSTCtUXJ_Y/s1600-h/8-18-09+Laguna+%2817%29.JPG">







I wasn't expecting the cold splash to come up that high!

The King and his power over the sea!

They have awesome tide pools you can walk way out on and see cool animals.


I just had to. Cute!





Back at Huntington Beach again another day. I'm telling you, the beach is our favorite.

We went to see the Newport temple. So pretty as usual but not great for taking pictures at night.



The only sunset I sort of got a picture of. I was a little bummed. But they are just gorgeous. I love the sunsets over the ocean. You get every last drop of light and warmth from the sun because nothing is blocking it like darn mountains or buildings.


My gift to KR, besides dinner, was to go kayaking in the Newport harbor, around Balboa Island. It was So fun! There was a seal that kept waving to me!



Leaving Southern California and heading to San Fran. Another beautiful sunset.

Another picture of KR driving. I promise I drove a lot too, I just didn't take pictures of myself driving (that wouldn't be safe!)

Driving through a billion windmills. We always get awestruck when we see these.

Coming in to San Fransisco!

Trolley! I love the trolleys!

China Town!

Alcatraz!

Pier 39! Fisherman's Wharf. SOOO many sea lions!!! And look how they are all piled on that one with the sign, and then the one next to it is practically empty.

I would cuddle up too though. It was so cold! And it was August! I wouldn't want to be the one stuck on the bottom though. We saw one from the bottom trying to get out and it definitely looked like a hard task!

So cold!

I tell ya, I love the trolleys!

Lumbard Street! I remember going down this as a kid. It was just as cool as an adult. Only as an adult, you're almost in more awe because you understand how things work. . . like cars. It looks ridiculous to live on this street and to try and get your car parked in your driveway. Not to mention all the traffic always flowing. So cool though!

Golden Gate Bridge! We were only in town a short while. We had a long drive ahead of us and stopping in San Fran was a way to break it up, but we wanted to get going. It was about noon when we were leaving, and there was still this much fog! In August!! I was kind of bummed KR didn't get to see it fully. He's never been there. I at least have been as a kid. It was still so neat to drive across it though.


Kodak photo spot on the other end. Classic and a total must!

Oh and the happy tunnel on the way out of th
No comments:
Post a Comment