Monday, November 1, 2010

Gratitude Challenge!! Ready, Set, Go!!!

Today is day one of my Daily Gratitude Blog for November!
I am actually really excited!

Although I have my days where I whine and complain and definitely vent about frustrations, I also am easily amused, and appreciate the small things in life.
I tend to have thoughts like, I am so grateful I can tie my own shoes.

Do people think about those little things we do every day and take for granted the ability to do so?
I know I have my moments when I do remember, but I need to be a LOT better at focusing on those things I do have rather than what I don't.

So I challenged myself to blog every single day in November about at least one thing I am grateful for. Some may be quite random, and some may be obvious, but either way, if we were to start listing them out, we would realize we have a lot more to be grateful for than we realize. If anyone is up for the challenge- join me!

So without further ado. . .


Day 1:

This will be brought up a lot during this but it's only to be expected.

I am grateful for my husband. Not just that I have a husband but I have my husband.

I am grateful he is patient. He is a perfect balance to my high-strung, uptight, impatience.

I get so emotional or stressed out and he is amazing and handles it so well.
He comforts me when I cry over breaking a plate (not on purpose).
He calms me down when I can't find my chapstick in my purse and even finds it for me.
(ever seen You've Got Mail? "Where are my tick tacks?! UGH!"- ya, that's me with my chapstick)
He doesn't even pressure me or get on my case if I am running behind.


In a nut shell, my husband is so patient and he is a perfect match for me. I am grateful he is willing to be that for me, for eternity.
:)

2 comments:

The Nedrys said...

A very sweet first gratitude post! I don't know what I would do without my hubby either :) I can't wait to read all the others this month!

Kathy said...

What a beatiful post about you and KR....I will be reading your blog all month! You sound an awful lot like a young girl I once knew...she may not be so young anymore but she's still working on the patience thang. =)