Today's gratitude was prompted by a somewhat silly dream that actually got me thinking on a deeper level.
Brief synopsis:
I was a teacher and I had a really rude student. While walking passed her in the computer lab, she did something rude and I muttered a bad word under my breath. She heard it and was going to file a complaint. I was unaware but I felt so bad for saying it that I went back to her and apologized. It was such a heart-felt apology that I began to tear up. She felt my emotion was sincere and immediately regretted filing the complaint. Soon, the superintendent was up in front of the class and she didn't want to reprimand me but was obligated. The rest of the class suddenly turned out to be people I knew back in high school that ultimately weren't my closest friends but they knew me and my heart and intent and they all started defending me and I got so emotional to see everyone standing up for me and forgiving me.
I woke up and instantly knew what I was grateful for today.
I mess up. A lot.
I do things I regret. Frequently.
I hurt people unintentionally. Often.
I am grateful that there are so many loving people in my life that are willing to forgive me.
I am grateful that forgiveness exists because, as we all know, when we hold a grudge against someone, it hurts ourselves most of all. I am grateful that [sometimes] I am able to forgive and release that weight from my shoulders. Even though I might need to ask for help to forgive someone. It's not always an easy thing.
I am grateful I am allowed to forgive myself. Sometimes that is the hardest of all, especially for me.
And above all else, I am grateful my Heavenly Father forgives me. I am grateful that if and when I make mistakes, I have the blessing and opportunity to repent and be forgiven.
I would not be where I am today if it weren't for forgiveness.
Thank you to those who have forgiven me in the past and will in the future. I am grateful you always give me a second, second chance.
Brief synopsis:
I was a teacher and I had a really rude student. While walking passed her in the computer lab, she did something rude and I muttered a bad word under my breath. She heard it and was going to file a complaint. I was unaware but I felt so bad for saying it that I went back to her and apologized. It was such a heart-felt apology that I began to tear up. She felt my emotion was sincere and immediately regretted filing the complaint. Soon, the superintendent was up in front of the class and she didn't want to reprimand me but was obligated. The rest of the class suddenly turned out to be people I knew back in high school that ultimately weren't my closest friends but they knew me and my heart and intent and they all started defending me and I got so emotional to see everyone standing up for me and forgiving me.
I woke up and instantly knew what I was grateful for today.
I mess up. A lot.
I do things I regret. Frequently.
I hurt people unintentionally. Often.
I am grateful that there are so many loving people in my life that are willing to forgive me.
I am grateful that forgiveness exists because, as we all know, when we hold a grudge against someone, it hurts ourselves most of all. I am grateful that [sometimes] I am able to forgive and release that weight from my shoulders. Even though I might need to ask for help to forgive someone. It's not always an easy thing.
I am grateful I am allowed to forgive myself. Sometimes that is the hardest of all, especially for me.
And above all else, I am grateful my Heavenly Father forgives me. I am grateful that if and when I make mistakes, I have the blessing and opportunity to repent and be forgiven.
I would not be where I am today if it weren't for forgiveness.
Thank you to those who have forgiven me in the past and will in the future. I am grateful you always give me a second, second chance.
1 comment:
Girl I may just have to hijack your post...this is beautiful and so well said!
Post a Comment